Friday, October 4, 2013

C4K Summary for September

C4K 1This I Believe
      This week I was assigned to a student named Cecil. His blog post was about something he believed in, which happened to be Mermaids. Cecil wrote about the recent mermaid documentary which was a popular topic. He wrote about why he believed and things that supported the belief of mermaids.
comment In my comment, I told Cecil what a great topic Mermaids was for his belief. He chose a topic that was very popular right now. I told Cecil that I, too, watched the Mermaid documentary and I believed a lot of the evidence. I applauded Cecil for some of the writing techniques he used, which grabbed readers attention. I told him exactly what I liked about it, and told him he made me want to read more. I let him know he did a great job with sharing evidence and explaining to his readers why he believed. Cecil's blog can be viewed here: This I Believe

C4K 2 Bullying Matters
      This week we were assigned to Mrs. Lieschlke's class. I commented on Maggie's blog post "Bullying Matters". Maggie's post included reasons that she wants to prevent bullying. She stated that when you are bullied, it stays with you. Maggie stated that when she is older she would like to enforce anti-bullying laws.
comment I commended Maggie for wanting to do such a great thing. I told Maggie that bullying is a huge problem that is often overlooked. I also said that many children her age do not even realize bullying is an issue, so I am sure she will make a difference someday. I wished Maggie the best for her future in bully-prevention laws. Maggie's post can be found here: Bullying Matters

C4K 3 Droll
      This week my student is Night from New Zealand. His blog post was a story (I am assuming) he made up. It is about a "droll" who lived under a bridge and had no friends. The droll scared people who crossed the bridge. He had three wishes. His first wish was to have friends. He was given too many. His second wish was for only two friends. The droll never used his third wish, and he stopped scaring people. The story ends with a child crossing the bridge singing to the droll.
comment I commented and told Night that his story must have taken a lot of thought. I told night that his story kept me entertained and I could not wait to see what he would say next. I told him that I was glad his story had a happy ending. Night's blog can be viewed here: Droll

C4K 4 How Much Does the Sky Weigh?
      This week my student is Macie. She is a 6th grader from Elsanor Elementary. Macie's class blog was the question "How Much Does the Sky Weigh?" Macie said that while some people believe the sky is weightless, they are wrong. She says that meteorologists estimate the air weighs up to 5 million billion tons or more. Macie believes the meteorologists because if you walk up Mt. Everest it would be hard to breathe.
comment I told Macie that I have never thought about how much the air weighed. This topic must have brought up a lot of different answers among her and her classmates. I said it is good that she look to meteorologists for an answer. Here is Macie's blog: How Much Does the Sky Weigh?

No comments:

Post a Comment