Tuesday, October 29, 2013

C4K Summary for October

C4K #5 About Chapter 7
This week I was assigned Briana Pickle, a 5th grader from the UK. Her post was about a book her class was reading. She had to answer the questions about the book. The questions included what her personal dream was, and two other book related questions. Her dream was to be like Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Japsen. The class goal was to at least use 5 sentences this week, and answer in complete sentences. Briana did not have 5 sentences.

Comment: I introduced myself as a USA student in EDM310. I told Briana I like the way she numbered her answers 1,2, and 3. It made the post easy to read. I told her she had a big dream. One thing she could have done to add one was to explain why she likes the singers. I told her she did a good job of answering each question. Then I gave a few suggestions. I said for her not to use the word "because" at the beginning of a sentence, and to try and use more sentences in her posts. I gave her a link to our class blog. Here is a link to Briana's blog


C4K #6 7 Grade Gardening
This week I was assigned Andrew, a seventh grader from Mrs Hartooni's class. Andrew wrote about how his family has been gardening for years and how excited he is to continue the legacy. He says he wants to learn how to garden because his aunt owns a garden and he will be able to help with her garden. Andrew lives in a gated community, so his family does not have a garden of their own. He wants to show his dad that he is able to do more that just play video games. Andrew says he can tell that this is a great year to start gardening.

Comment: I told Andrew I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I told him that his post was very well though out and written. I told Andrew that is is great that he supported his idea about gardening with so many details. He kept me interested. The only suggestion I made to him was to take out one sentence in the middle about being excited about gardening, because he had already said that. I told him he is a great writer. I left a link to our class blog. Here is Andrew's blog: Andrew's Blog


C4K #7 Four Levels of a Forest
This week I was assigned Ari, a student from Alberta, Canada. Ari's blog this week noted that there are four levels of a forest. There is a Subfloor, which is the "beasment" of a forest. The next floor Ari noted was the Floor, which is the "graund". Next was the Understory, the middle part of a forest. Last, the Canopy, which is the roof of a forest. Ari included pencil drawn picture of a forest he drew.

Comment I told Ari I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in USA. I told Ari I like the was his blog post was arranged. It was made easy to read. I also told him he did a great job of listing the levels of the forest and telling what they were. I told him he may want to check his spelling, and ask for help if he is not sure how to spell a word. I told Ari I loved his drawing, it was great! I included a link to our class blog.Ari's Blog


C4K #8 What Lessons Can You Learn from the Story
This week I was assigned Amiritpal's blob, from Canada. His blog was about a story his class had read, Out of my Mind. It is about a girl with Cerebral Palsy. He explains that people with CP are born with the condition and cannot help it. Amritpal said not to underestimate people with CP. He explains Melody, the character in the book with CP. She has a photographic memory and is a lot smarter than people perceive her.

Comment: I told Amitrpal that I am a student in EDM310 at USA. I told him that he did a great job with his post. I told Amiritpal I like that he said never to underestimate people with CP. I told him I work with people who have special needs, and it is so true. I gave him two suggestions. One was that he could have explained what CP is to the readers, incase some did not know. The second was to include commas. I gave an example of one of his sentences he left out commas. I told him it is an easily fix. I also left a link to our class blog. Here is Amritpal's blog: Amritpal's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment