Friday, August 23, 2013

Practice Blog Post

I am Meagan Freeman. I am twenty one years old. I grew up in Mobile, Al and have lived there for most of my life. I have an older brother who is 26. His name is Michael and he lives in Troy, Al. My younger sister, Peyton is a senior at Theodore High school. I also have a step brother, Garrett, who is a sophomore at Faulkner State. He plays baseball there. I graduated from Theodore High in 2010 and went to Troy University for two years. I had a change of heart in my major, and that is why I am now at South. I absolutely loved Troy! I still visit my friends alot. I have two cats, Kippy and the other one does not have a name. I also have a dog, Ally. My job is actually very enjoyable. I work through a healthcare company, for two children I have known for a while. They both have special needs. They mean the world to me! When I’m not working I like going to my family’s beach house and riding jet ski’s. I have not always known that I wanted to be a teacher, I have just always known that my passion was to work with special needs children. I guess my passion and why I want to be an educator are woven into one another. I have volunteered at Camp SMILE for the past six summers. You may not have heard about Camp SMILE, although it is the best camp in the world. It is a summer camp for children and adults with all types of special needs. This camp has taught me more than I can explain. I have realized that I get so much joy out of seeing the campers learn and have fun. I really feel why I am at camp I belong, and that I am doing something I am the best at doing. The only thing, at the moment, I want to be better at is leaning different tequniques to teach and help children with special needs.The people at this camp have such a wonderful, contagious attitude. I am always the most happy when I am at camp. It is an unexplainable love. Camp and working with special needs individuals is my passion, which led me to realize I want to feel that happiness in my work. That is why I want to be an educator for children with special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment